Quality TV dealt with more upper class, white, wealthy individuals; rather subtle and respectful; ignored controversial topics of the day; shot on film; made to look very nice and clean
Relevant programming was more theatrical and alienating; shot on tape and was designed to look more messy and muddy; controversial topics: Free Broadcasting Quiz Answers
- 2 DB questions, 2 DB questions, 2 DB questions Studyhelp247, 2 DB questions Studyhelp247, and the community in which it operates, and the community in which it operates Studyhelp247, Budget and Risk Management, Budget and Risk Management, Budget and Risk Management Studyhelp247, Budget and Risk Management Studyhelp247, Business Report Studyhelp247, Competence Analysis of Case Report A New Ice Hockey Arena for Midtown Project, customers, look at the different questions for each title. Studyhelp247, McLuhan’s global village or Lule’s global village of Babel better describes our world and why. Studyhelp247, Some suggest that a firm should seek to maximize the welfare of all its stakeholders, Student Assignment, Student Assignment Studyhelp247, such as employees, Why is there high turnover rate for probation/parole officers?
The focus of Chapter 9 is 'Prejudice'. The purpose of this assignment is to acquaint you with the flipside of prejudice and discrimination. This concept is referred to as unearned privilege. There are many forms of unearned privilege (e.g., white, male, American, rich, Christian, pretty, English-speaking, tall, etc.). Can you think of some ways that people who fall into the aforementioned groups have an easier time navigating the world? Some people suggest that systems of privilege are established acts of aggression against the downtrodden. What are your thoughts on the subject?
You may have heard some discussion about this topic already (e.g., a recent song featuring MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS FEAT. JAMILA WOODS - WHITE PRIVILEGE II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rl4ZGdy34). For some background, please feel free to view one or both of these videos: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/white-privilege-explained/2016/01/16/0173cba6-bbbc-11e5-85cd-5ad59bc19432_video.html or https://medicine.utoronto.ca/news/privilege-101-understanding-privilege-oppression.
For this assignment, I want you to take a privilege test and write a brief reaction to your scores and the related implications. There are 3 steps:
Step One: Take the privilege test: I have already took the test and uploaded my results below.
Step Two: Answer the following 5 questions in an enumerated list. Please do not copy and paste the questions into your paper.
1) What were your scores?
2) Before this point in your life, which have you thought about more, having ‘privileges’ compared to other people OR not having privileges compared to other people? Explain.
3) In your life, which of these (having privilege OR not having privilege) has impacted you the most? Explain.
4) Comment on the types of things (e.g., employment, educational attainment, property ownership, involvement in politics, etc.) that could be predicted by people’s levels of privilege? Be specific and explain your answer(s).
5) Do you think that systems of privilege are established acts of aggression against the downtrodden? Explain.
Step Three: Title the answers, "Privilege is the flipside of prejudice".
- Assignment 49, Assignment 49, Assignment 49 Studyhelp247, Assignment 49 Studyhelp247, Business Report Studyhelp247, Explain and Illustrate Platos Distinction BW a Knack and A Craft Discussion Ques, feedback Studyhelp247, Fitness Program Essentials, Fitness Program Essentials, Fitness Program Essentials Studyhelp247, Fitness Program Essentials Studyhelp247, Game of Stones Geology Midterm Final Questions, HSB Sutherlands Differential Association the Social Class of A People Discussion, Long Term Management Proposal for Managing Nuclear Waste Questions, look at the different questions for each title. Studyhelp247, make essay, Managing Crises and Response to NBC Incidents, Managing Crises and Response to NBC Incidents, Managing Crises and Response to NBC Incidents Studyhelp247, Managing Crises and Response to NBC Incidents Studyhelp247, McLuhan’s global village or Lule’s global village of Babel better describes our world and why. Studyhelp247, Music paper, Music paper, Music paper Studyhelp247, Music paper Studyhelp247, new, new, new Studyhelp247, new Studyhelp247, Observation Grid and Assertions, Observation Grid and Assertions, Observation Grid and Assertions Studyhelp247, Observation Grid and Assertions Studyhelp247, q5q, q5q, q5q Studyhelp247, q5q Studyhelp247, Solve Studyhelp247, week5 sociology project, Why is there high turnover rate for probation/parole officers?
The following post is from another student that i have to reply. APA and lesws than 10 % similarity
Consider the hurricane Andrew or Katrina, then put yourself in the role of the Local Emergency Management Agency Coordinator and answer the following questions.
What helpful or positive role can the local media play in helping to resolve the crisis? How does one facilitate that to happen?
What kind of training, education, and experience do you believe should be required to be an effective and competent manager of a crisis such as the scenario one described above?
Given a natural disaster such as is contained in this scenario, how do you go about coordinating and communicating an effective response?
One of the most significant correspondence accomplices during a crisis is the media. The media fills in as a crisis broadcast framework to get fundamental data to individuals who need it most. During the start of an emergency, columnists are less worried about insightful reporting or making stories more emotional. They, and their crowd, are more keen on realizing what occurred and how to remain safe (CERC corner, 2020).
To get a hold of the media and use its reach for the benefit of the people during a natural disaster, the Local Emergency Management Agency should:
Establish associations with nearby media organizations before a debacle.
Provide all news sources with a similar data simultaneously.
Attempt to give correspondents a sensible time span to expect new data refreshes.
Understand news coverage cutoff times and work to oblige them. During an emergency, it is critical to be accessible—if vital, nonstop—to assist columnists with getting the realities just before their cutoff time.
As communicators, me, as the facilitator, and the media share a similar objective during a crisis: getting dependable, refreshed data out first and contacting the a great many people. The 24-hour consistent pattern of media reporting is an extraordinary method to cause public to notice the issue and give key security messages continuously. Like you, columnists have something important to take care of and have cutoff times to meet. Fulfilling time constraints can save lives and a solid relationship with media can help get that going (CERC corner, 2020).
2)What kind of training, education, and experience do you believe should be required to be an effective and competent manager of a crisis such as the scenario one described above?
While there are certain skills and qualities a competent manager should hold in this situation, crises are crises because they happen unexpectedly and have a big impact in the community. This means that the person could have zero experience on the matter and have lived nothing that resembles the same situation.
The education requirement is a Bachelor's degree and education in public relations may be beneficial. Other Requirements are training or certification through an emergency management association or agency may be necessary (Crisis Manager, 2019).
Emergency administrators create crisis plans in the general population and private areas as per government guidelines. This typically incorporates a preparation plan for laborers. They should consider an assortment of crises, for example, catastrophic events or substance spills, and they regularly work with public authorities to arrange reaction plans. The emergency supervisor evaluates a crisis and manages the exercises of laborers to secure the wellbeing of workers and the general population (Crisis Manager, 2019).
3) Given a natural disaster such as is contained in this scenario, how do you go about coordinating and communicating an effective response?
The smallest modification can slow down your recuperation endeavors and leave you similarly as weak when you at long last are back fully operational. Proof, both physical and computerized, is crucial for your capacity to direct an exhaustive examination and follow up as needs be. This is the place where you put the arrangement moving and begin pursuing a goal.
All things considered, no one can tell when you'll have to execute it once more. The assessment should plan to answer various significant inquiries, for example:
Were you ready to limit your danger to comparable fiasco situations?
Did your reaction line up with your recuperation destinations?
How did your staff perform during the emergency?
Did staff get sufficient help and assets from the board?
What explicit parts of your reaction plan can be improved later on?
Like your disaster recuperation plan in general, a reaction plan should be delineated well ahead of time. Your correspondence program ought to be organized so the reaction group realizes the best method to impart and whom to contact. There ought to be convention set up that layouts proof assortment methods and duties. Most importantly, your group needs a reasonable comprehension of how they are required to react in any conceivable emergency circumstance. From executing inside recuperation cycles to speaking with outsiders, each progression should be point by point and reported as a strict game-plan (Pourhosseini, Ardalan & Mehrolhassani, 2015).
CERC corner - the media's role in a Crisis, disaster, or emergency. (2020). Retrieved February 16, 2021, from https://emergency.cdc.gov/cerc/cerccorner/article_031517.asp
Crisis Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements. (2019, September 22). Retrieved February 16, 2021, from https://study.com/articles/Crisis_Manager_Job_Description_Duties_and_Requirements.html
Pourhosseini, S. S., Ardalan, A., & Mehrolhassani, M. H. (2015). Key Aspects of Providing Healthcare Services in Disaster Response Stage. Iranian journal of public health, 44(1), 111–118.
- 3:00pm (UTC+8), 3:00pm (UTC+8), 3:00pm (UTC+8) Studyhelp247, 3:00pm (UTC+8) Studyhelp247, Analyzing the given Op-Ed, Analyzing the given Op-Ed, Analyzing the given Op-Ed Studyhelp247, Analyzing the given Op-Ed Studyhelp247, Applying Constructivist Strategies for Teaching Mathematics, Applying Constructivist Strategies for Teaching Mathematics, Applying Constructivist Strategies for Teaching Mathematics Studyhelp247, Applying Constructivist Strategies for Teaching Mathematics Studyhelp247, arguing for causes, arguing for causes, arguing for causes Studyhelp247, arguing for causes Studyhelp247, Art Criticism Clement Greenberg Presentation, Art discussion, Art discussion, Art discussion Studyhelp247, Art discussion Studyhelp247, Ashford University Quasi Experimental Designs Methods Essay, Assignment: Analyze a professional organization, Assignment: Analyze a professional organization, Assignment: Analyze a professional organization Studyhelp247, Assignment: Analyze a professional organization Studyhelp247, Assignment2RG, Assignment2RG, Assignment2RG Studyhelp247, Assignment2RG Studyhelp247, Behavioural Economics, Behavioural Economics, Behavioural Economics Studyhelp247, Behavioural Economics Studyhelp247, Business Report Studyhelp247, CBT Studyhelp247, Cyn-9, Cyn-9, Cyn-9 Studyhelp247, Cyn-9 Studyhelp247, Data mining, Data mining, Data mining Studyhelp247, Data mining Studyhelp247, Deliverable 1 - Executive Summary on Leadership Development Program Assignment Content, Deliverable 1 - Executive Summary on Leadership Development Program Assignment Content, Deliverable 1 - Executive Summary on Leadership Development Program Assignment Content Studyhelp247, Deliverable 1 - Executive Summary on Leadership Development Program Assignment Content Studyhelp247, Determine the Range for H Simple Calculus Composite Functions Questions, Development Questions, Development Questions, Development Questions Studyhelp247, Development Questions Studyhelp247, Discussion 5 563, Discussion 5 563, Discussion 5 563 Studyhelp247, Discussion 5 563 Studyhelp247, Discussion-HR technology, Discussion-HR technology, Discussion-HR technology Studyhelp247, Discussion-HR technology Studyhelp247, DQ 7, DQ 7, DQ 7 Studyhelp247, DQ 7 Studyhelp247, eassy, eassy, eassy Studyhelp247, eassy Studyhelp247, Essay English 101, Essay English 101, Essay English 101 Studyhelp247, Essay English 101 Studyhelp247, Ethics in business task, Ethics in business task, Ethics in business task Studyhelp247, Ethics in business task Studyhelp247, follow up discussion, GEOL 4 Santa Monica College Melting Himalayas Lab Questions, H2.1, H2.1, H2.1 Studyhelp247, H2.1 Studyhelp247, Height of A Boy Estimated Increase & Technician Repairs Value Questions, HSE 4-2 PLAN, HSE 4-2 PLAN, HSE 4-2 PLAN Studyhelp247, HSE 4-2 PLAN Studyhelp247, Intermediate Macroeconomics Questions, Intermediate Macroeconomics Questions, Jay's Case Study Studyhelp247, look at the different questions for each title. Studyhelp247, Luzerne County Community College Four Elements in Line Spectrum Exercises, McLuhan’s global village or Lule’s global village of Babel better describes our world and why. Studyhelp247, MDC United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Persuasive Speech Presentation, modify, modify, modify Studyhelp247, modify Studyhelp247, module 4 discussion, module 4 discussion, module 4 discussion Studyhelp247, module 4 discussion Studyhelp247, Palomar College Second Third and Higher Order Derivatives Questions, principles of fitness, Question 5, Question 5, Question 5 Studyhelp247, Question 5 Studyhelp247, Review Essay Assignment, Review Essay Assignment, Review Essay Assignment Studyhelp247, Review Essay Assignment Studyhelp247, Santa Monica College Diet Summary Pictures & Supplement Use Paper, Security Awareness Training, Security Awareness Training, Security Awareness Training Studyhelp247, Security Awareness Training Studyhelp247, Social Media's Impact on Communication Paper, Social Media's Impact on Communication Paper, Social Media's Impact on Communication Paper Studyhelp247, Social Media's Impact on Communication Paper Studyhelp247, SOCIOLOGY PAPER, SOCIOLOGY PAPER, SOCIOLOGY PAPER Studyhelp247, SOCIOLOGY PAPER Studyhelp247, The Great Fashion Designers week 14 discussion, The Great Fashion Designers week 14 discussion, The Great Fashion Designers week 14 discussion Studyhelp247, The Great Fashion Designers week 14 discussion Studyhelp247, Tomorrow, Topics in Europe history (RUSSIA), Topics in Europe history (RUSSIA), Topography Latitude and Departure Questions, transformational leadership, transformational leadership, transformational leadership Studyhelp247, transformational leadership Studyhelp247, UC Santa Barbara Which Type of Surface Has the Highest Albedo Question, University of Central Florida Wedding Hero vs Warrior Hero Discussion, Walden University R Codes to Create a Train Dataset and A Test Database Exercise, Week 6 Assignment - The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security, Week 6 Assignment - The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security, Week 6 Assignment - The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security Studyhelp247, Week 6 Assignment - The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security Studyhelp247, Why is there high turnover rate for probation/parole officers?
Evidence-Based Practice model and a summary of your practice problem and the rationale for your EBP model selection.
The development of evidence-based practice (EBP)and research study application into the practice addresses a well-planned theoretical remarkable to assist challenges and implement literature methods of evidence to guide nursing care. Handwashing is the significant importance to prevent infection. It is crucial to utilize the appropriate hand washing between nursing professionals and patients. This method defines the guide by interpreting knowledge to reach the therapeutic content to enhance health and responsibility for appropriate clinical judgments and the standard of outpatient consequence in the attention of health. Handwashing is the most perform across the nursing profession to prevent contamination (Przekwas & Chen, 2020).
The purpose of the EBP is to demonstrate the process of recognizing clinical concern and developing experience-based information and research data to design components and achieve a clinical task. The pandemic coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), a worldwide exhaled droplet respiratory syndrome virus that may occur by touching an infected surface, then touching the face, may cause a route of contamination (Przekwas & Chen, 2020). The application of soap and water when washing hands is crucial to avoid hands to face contamination transmission. The disease transmission knowledge emerges from the face to the nose and the lung (Przekwas & Chen, 2020). This empirical method acknowledges healthcare professionals and patients to prevent the spread of the virus.
Summary of how evidence-based practice differs from clinical research and includes your perception of the role of DNP-prepared nurses in both.
The research application to practice as an integration of the research study method to determine the care in the clinical setting, the knowledge states in the research study apply the middle-range theory to select the problems' details in the study's analysis (McEwin & Wills, 2019). Nursing research includes investigating relevant data through qualitative or quantitative research evidence and then applying it to clinical practice. Evidence-based practice (EBP) is an essential process to select practice problems through clinical experience, critical thinking, and theory knowledge to examine the clinical problem and affect clinical practice accordingly. Evidence-based practice (EBP) and nursing research are used to prevent clinical gaps when reviewing the clinical problem and serve as research evidence for best practice.
The doctor nursing practice (DNP) students obtain the basic nursing research and evidence-based practice criteria to be involved in research-related evidence to correct, improve, or change the medical challenge facing the professional nurses and the patients (Laureate Education, 2011).
Laureate Education (Producer). (2011). Theoretical and scientific foundations for nursing practice: An evidence-based practice model [Video]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
McEwin, M., & Wills, E. M. (2019). Theoretical basis for nursing. (5th ed.) Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health.
Przekwas, A & Chen, C (2020). Washing hands and the face may reduce COVID-19 infection, Medical Hypotheses 144. Retrieved from https://oce-ovid-com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/article/00002800-201003000-00005/HTML
Corine January, Week 11: Compare evidence-based practice (EBP) models and differentiated between EBP and clinical research.
According to Zaccagnini and White (2017), designing evidence-based interventions may be generated from quantitative research, qualitative research, outcome studies, patient choices, and clinical judgments (p.110). Nursing research extends from a nursing theory. A theory provides the basis for understanding the reality of nursing. To improve nursing and the quality of patient care, nurses critically appraise literature and synthesize relevant empirical and contextual theoretical information to be applied to practice (McEwen & Wills, 2019, p.435). In other words, theory and practice are not separate entities, and a reciprocal relationship exit. This paper includes information on EBP models, differences between EBP and clinical research, and the roles of the doctor of nursing practice (DNP) nurse.
Evidence-based practice (EBP) includes the integration of the best research evidence, clinical expertise, and patient needs and values (Gray, 2017, p. 11). There are several models that provide a step-by-step guide to help nurses organize and systemically implement and monitor the progress of EBP in the clinical setting. According to Brown (2014), the Stetler Model of research utilization, the Iowa model of EBP, and the Johns Hopkins nursing model are used to implement EBP (p.157). To narrow the scope of this paper, the Iowa model and Johns Hopkins nursing model are briefly described.
The Iowa model consists of the identification of a problem based on clinical events or new research knowledge, determine the priority of the problem, formulation a team to develop and implement EBP, gather current comprehensive and relevant literature relative to the problem, determine the intervention to implement, and implementation of a pilot study. Before full implementation across the organization and units, the new EBP change is evaluated for feasibility during the pilot study and after full implementation. (Brown, 2014, pp. 157-158).
Another well-known EBP model is the Johns Hopkins nursing model described by Dr. Kathleen White (Laureate Education, 2011) and Newhouse et al. (2009). The Johns Hopkins nursing model consists of 18 steps (Newhouse et al., 2009). According to Dr. Kathleen White, simplifying the Johns Hopkins model by using the PET acronym created a user-friendly tool for nurses at the bedside. Dr. Kathleen White described the steps using the PET acronym as follows, P for developing the scope and depth of a practice question, E for review of relevant appropriate research to establish evidence for change, and T for translation of evidence into practice. The PET model also involves the use of interdisciplinary teams to define the scope of the problem, quality of the evidence, and recommendations for change (Laureate Education, 2011).
DNP Role in EBP
The role of the DNP prepared nurse is predicated on the eight essentials for doctor education for advanced nursing practice. In reference to essential one, the scientific underpinning for practice, the DNP a nurse has met the competencies needed to symmetrically summarize and synthesize research that is used to support, change, or expand the nursing practice. The DNP prepared nurse has the competence in knowledge to translate research into practice, to evaluate practice, to improve health care practice and outcomes, and to participate in collaborative research (ANA, 2006, p. 11), thereby closing the gap between theory and practice. According to Gray et al. (2017), the DNP nurse participates in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of needed protocols, policies, and evidence-based guidelines in practice. In collaboration with nurse researchers, the DNP nurse also participates in clinical studies. (Gray,2017, p. 4)
Differentiation Between Evidence-based practice and clinical research
Evidence-based practice is an approach to clinical problem-solving that involves the application of current best evidence that is congruent with direct patient care. The systematic process of EBP includes identifying a practice problem, conducting a comprehensive review of relevant literature about the problem, and determining appropriate interventions based on best practice evidence (McEwen & Wills, 2019, p. 442). Internal and external influences on practice are considered when making clinical decisions based on EBP (Newhouse, et al., 2007, p.4).
Clinical research or applied research is empirical research performed in the patient care setting for the purpose of generating information pertaining to practice. Clinical research is used to discover new and better ways to diagnose and treat patients. Applied research in nursing is a scientific investigation conducted to generate the knowledge that is intended to have a direct influence on practice. (Gray, 2017, p. 42). Nurses participate in clinical research as a patient advocate.
Which EBP model would best support the exploration of the practice problem you utilized for Application #5? Include a brief summary of your practice problem and the rationale for your EBP model selection.
One practice problem that is concerning, for me, has to do with nurses’ inconsistency in sharing patient care information during care transition, yet nurses have adopted the situation, background, assessment, and recommendations (SBAR) framework to use during hand-off reports. A quality shift report is salient to efficient and safe patient care. Based on the literature, an ineffective hand-off report is prone to producing errors in patient care, creating negative patient outcomes, and can also lead to a patient’s demise. Nurses engage in intradepartmental and interdepartmental communication about patient care issues and need daily (Stimpson et al., 2020, p. 329).
The PET model developed from the Johns Hopkins nursing model is appropriate to address the clinical problem. The primary reason for selecting the PET model is because it is user-friendly, and not all nurses are knowledgeable regarding EBP. Secondly, the aforementioned problem is germane to nursing as opposed to other disciplines.
American Association of Nursing (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Washington, DC, retrieved https://www.dnpnursingsolutions.com/dnp-nursing-program-overview/dnp-program-essentials/
Brown, CG. (2014). The Iowa model of evidence-based practice to promote quality care: An illustrated example in oncology nursing. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. 18(2), pp. 157-159.
Laureate Education, (2011). Theoretical and scientific foundations for nursing practice: An evidence-based practice model [Video]. Baltimore, MD: Author, Interview with Dr. Kathleen White.
McEwin, M., & Wills, E. M. (2019). The theoretical basis for nursing. (5th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health.
Newhouse, RP., Dearholt, S., Poe, S., Pugh. LC., & White, KM (2007). Johns Hopkins nursing evidence-based practice model and guidelines. Indianapolis, IN Sigma Theta Tau International. Retrieved from Walden University Online Library.
Gray, J. R., Grove, S. K., & Sutherland, G. S., (2017). Burns and Grove's The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence, 8th Edition. Retrieved from vbk://9780323377584
Stimpson, M., Carlin, K., & Ridling, D, (2020), Implementation of the m-ishaped tool for nursing interdepartmental handoffs. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 35(4), pp. 329-335. doi: 10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000451.Laureate Education (Producer). (2011). Theoretical and scientific foundations for nursing practice: An evidence-based practice model [Video]. Baltimore, MD: Author, Laureate Education
Good evening. I like your discussion on evidence-based practice. I agree with you that despite several variations between evidence-based practice and clinical research, the two approaches remain crucial in advancing nursing research and practice since they complement each other. As advanced practice nurses like you and I use evidence-based research provided by researchers to carry out our evidence practice. Our roles as I understand and respect the complementary roles, skills, and abilities of the interprofessional health team and collaborate with other professionals to improve persons or groups' health status and provide an overview of interprofessional collaboration models in real-world settings (Gray et al., 2017). I equally understand organizational and systems improvement, outcome evaluation processes, healthcare policies, and leadership participate in interprofessional and intraprofessional teams and assume the team's leadership when appropriate, I understand the need to participate in shared decision making and leadership to meet best the needs of the patient or the population of collaboration, communication, team processes, and administration and bring forth innovative strategies to improve health and healthcare (McEwin & Wills, 2014). Articulate to the public while insurers, policymakers the role that nurses play in promoting positive patient and family outcomes, promoting psychological safety within an organization by providing leadership and recommending resources, and employing strategies that will enhance communication within the interprofessional team setting. Therefore, Evidence-based practice is a conscientious, problem-solving approach to clinical practice that incorporates the best evidence from well-designed studies, patient values and preferences, and a clinician's expertise in making decisions about a patient's care.
Gray, J.R., Grove, S.K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove are nursing research practice: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier.
McEwin, M., & Wills, E.M. (2014). Theoretical basis for nursing. (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health.
- *, *, Business Model, Business Model, Business Model Studyhelp247, Business Model Studyhelp247, Business Report, Business Report, Business Report Studyhelp247, Business Report Studyhelp247, Can you assist with a homework assignment?, Can you assist with a homework assignment?, Can you assist with a homework assignment? Studyhelp247, Can you assist with a homework assignment? Studyhelp247, Chicken Dissection, Chicken Dissection, Chicken Dissection Studyhelp247, FALL PREVENTION TECHNIQUES, FALL PREVENTION TECHNIQUES, FALL PREVENTION TECHNIQUES Studyhelp247, FALL PREVENTION TECHNIQUES Studyhelp247, Home work help, Home work help, Home work help Studyhelp247, Home work help Studyhelp247, How to improve live oral presentation, How to improve live oral presentation, How to improve live oral presentation Studyhelp247, How to improve live oral presentation Studyhelp247, ITAI 1370 Houston Community College Different Types of Human Humor Discussion, Linear Programming Formulation and Sensitivity Analysis, Linear Programming Formulation and Sensitivity Analysis, Linear Programming Formulation and Sensitivity Analysis Studyhelp247, Linear Programming Formulation and Sensitivity Analysis Studyhelp247, look at the different questions for each title. Studyhelp247, Maternal child care of Nursing, Maternal child care of Nursing Studyhelp247, Maternal child care of Nursing Studyhelp247, McLuhan’s global village or Lule’s global village of Babel better describes our world and why. Studyhelp247, Network Security Breaches, Network Security Breaches, Network Security Breaches Studyhelp247, Network Security Breaches Studyhelp247, Palomar College Second Third and Higher Order Derivatives Questions, principles of fitness, SDSU The Mineral Calcite Chemical Formula & Special Properties Discussion, University of Central Florida Wedding Hero vs Warrior Hero Discussion, Week 1: Peer Response, Week 1: Peer Response, Week 1: Peer Response Studyhelp247, Week 1: Peer Response Studyhelp247, Why is there high turnover rate for probation/parole officers?
Patient Preferences and Decision Making
Changes in culture and technology have resulted in patient populations that are often well informed and educated, even before consulting or considering a healthcare need delivered by a health professional. Fueled by this, health professionals are increasingly involving patients in treatment decisions. However, this often comes with challenges, as illnesses and treatments can become complex.
What has your experience been with patient involvement in treatment or healthcare decisions?
In this Discussion, you will share your experiences and consider the impact of patient involvement (or lack of involvement). You will also consider the use of a patient decision aid to inform best practices for patient care and healthcare decision making.
· Review the Resources and reflect on a time when you experienced a patient being brought into (or not being brought into) a decision regarding their treatment plan.
· Review the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute’s Decision Aids Inventory at https://decisionaid.ohri.ca/.
o Choose “For Specific Conditions,” then Browse an alphabetical listing of decision aids by health topic.
NOTE:To ensure compliance with HIPAA rules, please DO NOT use the patient’s real name or any information that might identify the patient or organization/practice.
Post a brief description of the situation you experienced and explain how incorporating or not incorporating patient preferences and values impacted the outcome of their treatment plan. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain how including patient preferences and values might impact the trajectory of the situation and how these were reflected in the treatment plan. Finally, explain the value of the patient decision aid you selected and how it might contribute to effective decision making, both in general and in the experience you described. Describe how you might use this decision aid inventory in your professional practice or personal life.
Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2018). Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: A guide to best practice (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
Chapter 7, “Patient Concerns, Choices and Clinical Judgement in Evidence-Based Practice” (pp. 219–232)
Hoffman, T. C., Montori, V. M., & Del Mar, C. (2014). The connection between evidence-based medicine and shared decision making. Journal of the American Medical Association, 312(13), 1295–1296. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.10186
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
Kon, A. A., Davidson, J. E., Morrison, W., Danis, M., & White, D. B. (2016). Shared decision making in intensive care units: An American College of Critical Care Medicine and American Thoracic Society policy statement. Critical Care Medicine, 44(1), 188–201. doi:10.1097/CCM.0000000000001396
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
Opperman, C., Liebig, D., Bowling, J., & Johnson, C. S., & Harper, M. (2016). Measuring return on investment for professional development activities: Implications for practice. Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, 32(4), 176–184. doi:10.1097/NND.0000000000000483
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
Schroy, P. C., Mylvaganam, S., & Davidson, P. (2014). Provider perspectives on the utility of a colorectal cancer screening decision aid for facilitating shared decision making. Health Expectations, 17(1), 27–35. doi:10.1111/j.1369-7625.2011.00730.x
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. (2019). Patient decision aids. Retrieved from https://decisionaid.ohri.ca/