Minimizing Risk of Loss for the Buyer : Overview:
you are learning about sales contacts and ways in which businesses can limit risk of loss. In this assignment, you will analyze a commercial transaction to determine what contract terms should be included in order to minimize the risk of loss for the buyer.
Imagine that you are a manager in a commercial printing company, and you have found a good deal on the ink that your company uses most frequently from a supplier in Japan.
• Using the materials from this week’s reading as well as the supplemental resources, consider what shipping terms you should insist be in the contract in order to limit the risk of loss for your company.
• Using the attached Memo template, draft an interoffice memo to the owner of the company describing at least three shipping terms you would want to be included in the contract.
• Include one resource, in addition to the textbook.
o Use APA format for non-legal sources such as the textbook. Use Bluebook citation format for any legal citations.
• Submit a Word document.
• Maximum two pages in length, excluding the Reference page
SOCW 6202 Week 11 – Discussion: Trends in Addiction Treatment : Discussion: Trends in Addiction Treatment
Helping professionals entering the addiction profession are doing so on the cusp of a new era. Significant changes are taking place in treatment approaches, technology, funding, public policy, and perceptions of addiction and recovery.
Underlying these trends is the emergence of a paradigm shift in the way addiction and recovery are perceived. The new paradigm grasps the chronic nature of addiction. It uses long-term approaches that address all areas of one’s life with the goal of improving the quality of life throughout the lifespan. As a helping professional, you should stay abreast of trends in addiction treatment and understand how they impact your profession.
For this Discussion, research and find two articles from academic journals that discuss future trends in the treatment of addictions.
Provide a 400-word discussion Post
– Provide a brief description of two current and two future trends that you found in your research in the treatment of addiction.
– Explain what impact these trends may have on the field of addiction treatment and social change.
– Support your response using the resources and the following current literature. Must contain at least 3 references and citations.
Doweiko, H. E. (2019). Concepts of chemical dependency (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage.
· Chapter 27, “The Substance Use Disorders As a Disease of the Human Spirit” (pp. 376-388)
· Chapter 35, “Support Groups to Promote and Sustain Recovery” (pp. 493-505)
· Chapter 38, “The Debate Over Legalization” (pp. 543-555)
Heinrich, C. J., & Cummings, G. R. (2014). Adoption and diffusion of evidence‐based addiction medications in substance abuse treatment. Health services research, 49(1), 127-152.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2018). Evidence-based practices resource center. Retrieved from https://www.samhsa.gov/ebp-resource-center
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2009). Implementing change in substance abuse treatment programs (DHHS Publication No. SMA 09-4377). Retrieved from https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content//SMA09-4377/SMA09-4377.pdf Read pages 1–18.
Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons With Co-Occurring Disorders. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 42. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 05-3922. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2005.
Vanderplasschen, W., Vandevelde, S., De Ruysscher, C., Vandevelde, D., & Broekaert, E. (2017). In search of evidence-based treatment in TCs for addictions: 40 years of research in TC De Kiem (Belgium). Journal of Groups in Addiction & Recovery, 12(2-3), 177-195.
Madson, M., & Schumacher, J. (2010). Motivational interviewing and alcohol. Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal, 10(4), 13–17.