Compare and contrast Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.
- Budget $0.00
- Average Bid $0.00
Posted on February 22, 2022Active
Compare & contrast the comic styles of TWO of the following artists: Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.You should illustrate your argument with precise examples taken from their pre-sound films.
• Your essay should comprise approximately 2000-2500 words, including bibliography and footnotes.
• Your essay should present a reasoned and illustrated argument in response to the question posed.
• Please ensure that you back up your points with precise examples taken from films and other primary sources as well as from secondary sources such as academic books and articles.
• You must provide clear references to all primary and secondary sources.
• This is especially true of all information and opinions derived from the Internet; this should be checked for accuracy with special attention.
• The deadline for submission is Friday 8 November2019.
•Unknown Chaplin(Kevin Brownlow and David Gill, 1983)
•Buster Keaton: A Hard Act to Follow(Brownlow & Gill, 1987)
•Plus: extracts from various works by Chaplin, Keaton
Suggested external sources: Suggested reading:
• Dardis, T. (1983) Harold Lloyd the Man on the Clock, New York: Viking Press.
• Lebel, J.-P. and trans. Stovin, P. (1967) Buster Keaton, London: A. Zwemmer Ltd.
• Maland, C. (1989) Chaplin and American Culture, Princeton: New Jersey.
• Manchel, F. (1973) Yesterday’s Clowns: The Rise of Film Comedy, New York: F. Watts.
• McCaffrey, D. (1968) Focus on Chaplin, New York: A. S. Barnes.
• McCaffrey, D. (1971) Four Great Comedians: Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd, Langdon, New York: A.S. Barnes.
• Moews, D. (1977) Keaton: The Silent Features Close Up, Berkeley: University of California Press.
• Quigley, I. (1968) Chaplin: Early Comedies, London: Studio Vista.
• Robinson, D. (1992); Chaplin: His Life and Art, London: Penguin.
• Robinson, D. (1969) Buster Keaton, Bloomington: Indiana University Press
• Smith, J. (1984) Chaplin, Boston: Twayne Publishers.
There are no bids yet.